I know you will absolutely LOVE your nails while you are wearing CND Shellacor Gel II® polish and I expect your nails to last flawlessly for at least 14 days as long as you give them a little care and attention during that time.
CND Shellac and Gel II™ are pretty hard wearing but they are not indestructible when performing our daily chores. Below are a few guidelines, but we must work together to ensure that you can flash and flaunt perfect wear for the full 2 weeks!
- Protect your skin and nails from harsh household chemicals such as bleach and washing up liquid from striping your skin and nails of its vital moisture. Discolouration may be possible. Rubber gloves is all you need to stay protected.
- Be sure to apply your Gel II™ or CND Solar Oil Cuticle Oil twice daily to promote healthy skin and nails. Its daily use will prolong the life of your Gel II™ or CND Shellac Manicure while maintaining high hydration levels in the nail plate and thus preventing natural nail peeling and breakages.
- Hobbies that are very hands on and require you to get ‘’down and dirty’’ such as gardening could well affect the longevity of your manicure. Keep them protected with protective rubber gloves.
- When applying sunscreen lotion or insect repellents be sure to wash your hands immediately after application as they are known to cause possible breakdown of Gel Polish. Note: Applying a small amount of Cuticle Oil to your nails to act as a barrier beforehand is good practice.
- Chlorinated water followed by sun exposure may cause discolouration of your Gel II™ or CND Shellac Manicure. Chlorine is a bleach and the sun intensifies the bleaching action. Be sure to dry your hands immediately to prevent this from happening. Note: Applying a small amount of Cuticle Oil to your nails to act as a barrier beforehand is good practice.
- If you wish to apply nail varnish over your Gel II™ or CND Shellac Manicure you may do so. When removing your nail varnish it is recommended you use an acetone free nail varnish remover.
- If you happen to notice a slight chip or nick in your Gel II™ or CND Shellac Manicure or nail DO NOT pick, peel or lift it as it will cause damage to your nails. Please contact me as soon as possible so that I can assess what is needed to repair your manicure.
Incorrect removal of your Gel II™ or CND Shellac Manicure will lead to irreversible damage on the surface of your nails. Please contact me if you wish have your Gel II™ or CND Shellac Manicure removed safely with care using professional strength product remover for a quick and safe removal.
*Prolonged soaking in water can cause natural nail weakness.
*Certain chemical ingredients in hand lotions such as lanolin can cause breakdown of your Gel II™ or CND Shellac Manicure.
This aftercare leaflet has been created to enhance the gel polish and its performance. You may notice a high level of wear and tear if these guidelines are not met.